10.24.2009

Book Complete!

Finished reading silence! What a strange, strange trip, that was... The entire thing is something like the scenes in movies, where everyone listens to a bawdy story in an old tavern and drinks ale, and sings 'Heigh Ho'... and what it says about the role of women in medieval society is fascinatingly complex! So, onward and upwards. I know Amanda thinks it's a bad plan, but I'm itching to read Orlando by Ms Woolf. We have a historically troubled relationship, the two of us (Me and Ms Woolf, not me and Amanda), so hopefully she'll be forgiving with me today :).

9 comments:

Kate at Read This Book! said...

Great! Keep it up! =D

Luluette said...

Go for the troubled relationship! Think of how good you feel when you win!

Eva said...

I'm popping by again to offer some more cheering! Give me an R! Give me an E! Give me an A! Give me a D! What does that spell?! Read! Read! Read!

Oh, I can't wait to read "Silence" now. :D And if Orlando doesn't work you, just move on to the next one! That's what makes the read-a-thon fun.

Memory said...

I'll look forward to your thoughts on ORLANDO! I've wanted to read it for ages now.

Debi said...

Hey, if she starts you giving you grief, just give her the boot for the night. (Virginia, that is. Not Amanda. Of course, we all know Amanda is not the grief-giving type.)

Michelle said...

Way to hang in there! Halfway through - keep it up!

Amanda said...

Debi, I give grief more than I like to admit!

Have fun with Orlando, Jase...

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Good luck with the second half!!!

Vasilly said...

Good luck and happy reading!