10.24.2009

7:00 update & 9:00 update

OK... that was a little nerve-wracking, but I'm not dead, that's good... lots of commenters, and I have not bitten off my fignernails, I'm ok. Phew! OK. Going on. So, now I'm in Orlando, and Virginia is being ever so kind, and I'm trying to be slow and polite so as not to remind her of my past Woolf-reading bungles, and it's going quite well, actually. I'm slow - still - so I'm not too far into it, but I already have this delicious curled up and happy feeling in the middle of the words, which is really wonderful to have. My stats so far... 513 pages, and 10hrs 55min. And.... apparently I never clicked the Publish Post button, on my 7:00. Heh. So, it's 9:00 now, and Orlando is WONDERFUL! I was tweeting about this too, but the problem in my reading Ms Woolf is that I always feel like I'm going to a reunion, and seeing this wonderfully intelligent, bright eyed aunt, who's terribly polite, but who I'm just not smart enough for her to really care a fig about. Which I don't take personally, and I've twisted and warped and mistreated Ms Woolf so much, that I'm surprised she lets me sti at her table at all. But ORlando, is a beautiful book! I'm still not smart enough, but the wonderful auntie is now quietly telling stories to some other clever auntie in the corner, and indulgently, is letting her blockheaded nephew sit close enough enough to over hear. Every once in a while she even turn and winks playfully. Which is nice. Now, I'm at... 575 pages, about, and 12 hours 55 minutes

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Your reading time is amazing and so much better than mine...

Unknown said...

You're brave to tackle Virginia Woolf during the thon! Have fun!

Julie said...

I'm happy to hear how well you're doing. Very impressive reading!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

You brave brave soul reading Woolf for the challenge. I swear you and Amanda must be some type of geniuses! I'm not even sure if I spelled that right! :P

Karen K. said...

I've only read Mrs. Dalloway and I found it challenging. I'd give Orlando a try, it sounds interesting. Let's persuade Amanda to choose it for the reading group some day.