10.24.2009

3:00 (almost) update.

Kristin Lavransdatter was a wonderful, beautiful, perfect book to read this morning. I just finished it a bit, and if it's not on your TBR list, you should think of putting it there. I really enjoyed it. Now onwards! I've now read for 7 hours and 10 minutes, and have read 291 pages. Next, I'm going to read Silence - it's an epic poem, so the reading might slow down, a bit, but I'm looking forward to it AND I promised it to Ms Eva when I finished it, so I need to read it. If you've never heard of it (I only came across it by accident) look up the synop on Wikipedia, it's a FASCINATING find. I hope it turns out good, now!

8 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

An epic poem sounds really interesting. I hope you will be posting about it later when you have time!

Louise said...

Hope all is going well now that we are into the 9th hour of the Read-a-Thon :) This is Louise cheering from Copenhagen, Denmark...

Anonymous said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

Eva said...

Yay! Read! Read! Read! ;)

And your collection made me go "awwwww" out loud. So adorable.

Julie said...

I really do wish a wonderful readathon day, Jason!
I really enjoyed Death's sentiments today as well. I always do look forward to your vlog's.

Ana S. said...

You've more than sold me, Jason. I'll read it for sure.

claire said...

Nice to hear! Looking forward to reading Kristin L after the readathon. I've a whole week to devote to it.

Karen K. said...

I wish we could use Kristin for our library classic book group. . . don't think we have enough copies in the system. It's on my to-read list. Happy reading!