10.24.2009

11 0 Clock REadathon Update

Yes, still just poking along - I'd like to say this is because my book is so terirbly hard, but that would be a lie - Ms Lavransdatter is a BEAUTIFUL book, and I'n loving it to pieces :). I'm now on page 158 (pretty paltry for 4 hours, but oh well), and have read thre hours and 35 minutes. So I imagine I won't get as far along in my pile as I would have liked, but such is life! AT this rate I'll be done with this book midafternoon... Aside from dull statistics... Woke up this morning achey in the bones, after sleeping funny all night, and Kristin is the perfect companion for being mildly uncomfortable. The world of Kristin feels like this world that is sort of obliviously malevolent, this gloss of general pleasantness and pretty things, all strummed over an underlying, barely submerged force. Not a malevolent one, it's worse than that, because it doesn't really just want to hurt people - the world is just sort of this great lumbering predator that can kill in good conscience because it has no other choice

8 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Well you're kicking my ass by 7 pages :p Sorry to hear you slept bad! Hope you work out the kinks throughout the day! Hope you continue enjoying your book Jason.

Amanda said...

Yeah, those hours I was up I could tell you were restless, too. :)

I think I'm going to break open the Godiva!

Debi said...

Don't insult your reading speed...you read at about exactly the same rate as I do! Of course, I insult myself about it all the time. Hmmm...maybe we both better stop picking on ourselves, as it could be construed as picking on each other, right?

Ceri said...

158 pages in 4 hours is pretty impressive, I'd say. You're doing really well. :D

Eva said...

I love KL too! And you're doing great, so keep it up! The night before the first read-a-thon, I only got like 4 hours of sleep-it was awful! lol So I've been getting up at 6 AM every day all week so I'd be able to go to bed at 10 last night. I still woke up a bit tired! hehe

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I love the description "obliviously malevolent" - it's perfect!

Keep up the good work with the read-a-thon!

Belle said...

Glad you're enjoying the book. You're doing a great job - happy reading!

Trisha said...

ReadaThon ReadaThon ReadaThon! When you get tired or the eyes go funny just chant for a bit. I find it helps! Happy Reading!