10.24.2009

11:00 Update - Readathon

Ms Woolf and I about two thirds of the way through our little trip, and I'm a little nervous to say so, but I'm feeling a little chummy, we'll see how it turns out. It really is a wonderful story! I'm just about to embark on the 19th century, after leaving behind Dryden, Swift and Pope and their ilk. Drank a won'ful won'ful bottle of San Pellegrino that did an admirable job of helping me NOT feel like ate a hogshead of sugar this morning (ie, it's lying pleasantly to me). I have a mild concern as I've finished all my spice drops... I should be opening them now, not finishing them! Jason, you fool!

10 comments:

chrisa511 said...

:p I knew the spice drops wouldn't last long. I think it's time for a cup of tea for me...constant comment...and a burrito maybe :/

Eva said...

Yay! I love Orlando!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I don't know what spice drops are, but I'm sure they're still in your system, working their magic!

Good luck in the 19th Century!

Valerie said...

Virginia Woolf during the readathon? Hope you are liking it!

enjoy what's left of the readathon....only a few hours left!

Care said...

a hogshead of sugar, huh? hmmmmmm!

ccqdesigns said...

Now that it's past midnight and our eyes are drooping lower, it's time for us night owls to get our second wind! So here is a big HOOT from Alabama. Keep on Reading!!!! Just a few more hours to go!!!!

Go Reading,Go Reading,Go Reading!!!
Rebecca
the Transcendentalists team!

Julie said...

Oh, spice drops where are you? I hope they were enjoyable at least.
Nice to hear that you're enjoying your trip with Ms. Woolf. So wonderful!
Thinking happy reading thoughts for you as you embark in the 19th!

Dana said...

Yes, good luck in the 19th century!

Marg said...

Sounds like some readers have chosen really challenging books to read during readathon! Enjoy!

Stephanie said...

Spice drops? Sounds like a perfect Read-a-thon snack!!

Way to go. Keep it up!! Just a few more hours left. You can do it!! (OK...my cheering isn't all that great, but you get the idea, don't you?)