8.11.2009

Much Ado About Shakespeare

OK, so I'm doing another challenge. After Ms Andrea at The Little Bookworm and I traded Shakespeare quotes one day on Twitter, she put this challenge up - so I felt like I HAD to participate. The challenge is very simple:

The challenge runs from September 1, 2009 - April 26, 2009 (Shakespeare's Birthday). Read 6 of any Shakespeare's works or any book inspired by a Shakespeare play. You can also watch any movie from or inspired by a Shakespeare play.
So, I've been reading Shakespeare for my Fill in the Gaps challenge, so this will hopefully goad me along :P.

My List, then:

  • The Tempest
  • The Complete Sonnets
  • The Long Poems (Rape of Lucrece, The Phoenix and the Turtle, Venus and Adonis, A Lover's Complaint, The Passionate Pilgrim)
  • Othello
  • All's Well That End's Well
  • Shakespeare in Love (Cause, I was told it's good, and never saw it)
There you are, there you have it. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mish said...

Reading back in time til April 2009?

Hmm...the challenge is tempting, there are several of the Bard's works I have yet to read, and I do have a Complete Works on my shelf. Me thinks thou art evil...So much for not joining another challenge, I'm game.

Andrea said...

Thanks for joining challenge. I enjoyed trading quotes.
What does it say that one of my favorites is:
"it must not be denied but I am a plain-dealing villain"?