12.31.2009

12 Grapes for New Years Eve, 2009

(bomme)
pinpricks on my fingertips, and a new thimble
(bomme)
two-emma-tree-ozma-emmy-anna-moth-and-vulnerable
(bomme)
a book of souls I couldn't find, new souls now for the searching
(bomme)
building gods and giants out of ticking finger keyboards
(bomme)
tender morsels sappho sarah waters william blake
(bomme)
beautiful dreams of sleeping, sleeping, in lonely snowy fields
(bomme)
remember forget forget remember forget remember remember remember
(bomme)
persistent the ache just underneath the belly like a breath I can't exhale
(bomme)
a hoodwink with a doll and a flag and mother behind a paper screen
(bomme)
half completion is all failure days with hems I'll never stitch before they fray
(bomme)
remember forget forget remember forget remember remember remember
(bomme)
but everything, everything, everything is beautiful in the world.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You know, I actually know what most of these refer to...

Debi said...

Well, I can't claim to know what most of that refers like Amanda can, but I can tell you that it touched me anyway.