6.28.2009

Book Trivia (Weekly Geek 2009-24)

Though I'm really not very good at it, I love trivia. Put books and trivia together and you've got a perfect match. So I thought it would be a fun Weekly Geek activity for us to come up with some book trivia questions to ask each other. So take a moment, don't stress about it all, and write down five to ten questions that pop into your mind. You could center all your questions around a particular theme or genre, maybe something in which you specialize. Or ask questions about one certain book. Or teach us about your favorite author through your questions.
Alright. I enjoy trivia but have never been good at writing questions, so we'll see how this goes...
  1. What do the characters in the Hitchhiker's series discover to be the question to which '42' is the answer?
  2. Which author owned each of the following dogs:
    • Keeper, a mastiff
    • Carlo, a newfoundland
    • Flush, a spaniel
    • Charley, a poodle
    • Toby-Chien, a bulldog
  3. What is the only subject in which William Blake received formal training?
  4. What is the origin of the name "Fiver" in Watership Down? For extra credit, what is his name in the original Lapine tongue?
  5. What animal swallows Gepetto in the book Pinocchio?

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Ironically, Jase, the only answer on here I DO know is the one about Hitchhikers...I'll tell you in person, though, so I don't give it away here.

Suey said...

1. What is the meaning of the universe? (or something like that!)

2. John Steinbeck

5. A whale

Keshalyi said...

Suey - which dog was John Steinbeck's?

Suey said...

That would be Charley. The rest I don't know. (I guess I misread the question at first... but now I get it!)

Rikki said...

1. The Ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything. Nobody knows what the question is though.
4. He's the smallest rabbit in a litter (not sure if it's called a litter) of five or more. Five is the number for anything more than four.
5. A shark

Rikki said...

I forgot to say, these are grat questions...

Mish said...

Since I just read Pinocchio, a shark. I read Watership Down ages ago so don't remember anything else but it being great. All else, no clue.

Linda said...

Great questions. I only knew the ones everyone else answered.

Keshalyi said...

I put up the answers, if you're interested :). Available at http://mooredatsea.blogspot.com/2009/07/weekly-geek-trivia-answers.html